Monday 16 January 2012

Osteoporosis Bone



BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH

For almost 2 years I asked my gynecologist to prescribe a bone density test for me.
He tried to appease me by dismissing my concerns of what I was reading. "You're
too young; you needn't worry about this." But, the risk factors in health magazine
articles were consistent. Finally he respected my request.

BE HUNGRY TO LEARN

Can you imagine knowing more about the reading of a medical test of this nature
than your doctor? It was inconceivable, but true. The results revealed I was in the
beginning stages of the precursor to osteoporosis; something called osteopenia.
The test results read similar to what I found in the book The Osteoporosis Cure by
Harris McIlwain, MD and Debra Fulghum Bruce. My doctor immediately wrote up a
prescription for me. It was for a drug with known possible side effects including
breast cancer. He was not interested in hearing about my plan for first trying one
year of an alternative program to include more exercise, added soy products and
increased calcium supplements. The potential, natural approach to prevent and
reverse bone density loss lies in a number of year-round daily routine

No comments: